At No Ordinary, we value the relationship we have with you and respect your privacy. We're committed to protecting the information collected about you on our website and via our third parties. We’ve detailed below how, and why, we collect, use, store and disclose this information, and how you can have your personal information removed from our records, in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act), and, where applicable, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
Depending on why we're collecting information we may collect one or more of the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Delivery address
- Country, city, suburb, business name (if applicable), street name and number, post code
- Purchase and customer service history
- Size and colour preference
- Payment card details (an encrypted token is stored only if you select to save your card; your full card details are never saved in our system)
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to efficiently and effectively carry out the services we offer. Generally, personal information is collected to ensure purchases arrive to the correct delivery location as quickly as possible. Purchase and customer service history, including size and colour preferences, is helpful in assisting customers to make future orders with ease.
Personal information may also include information which is of a more technical nature.
- IP address
- Time and duration of visit
- The pages within no-ordinary.com that you visited and the duration of the visit
- Search criteria
- Referring URL (the site you were visiting before you came to no-ordinary.com)
Technical information is collected to improve our customers' browsing experiences including allowing us to display prices in the native currency of the customer. It also allows us to analyse our own technical service in order to improve our customers' experience on our website. The technical information that our customers' systems supply will not be associated with any other personal information that our customers supply.
HOW WE COLLECT AND STORE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information can be created in numerous ways, including:
- Visiting the website
- Navigating through different pages of the website
- Signing up to the mailing list
- Placing an order
- Contacting our customer service representatives (either by phone or email)
- Having a conversation with any No Ordinary employee
HOW WE USE AND/OR DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and we will only disclose your personal information to those persons who require the information for such purposes. Depending on why we collected your information such use and disclosure may include the following:
- To create orders, transaction records and receipts
- To provide customers with our products
- To communicate with our customers about products, orders, special offers and events.
- To provide customer service
- To gain an understanding of our customers in order to develop improved services
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who perform services on our behalf such as sending communications to customers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers comply with the Privacy Act and the GDPR (where applicable), store your information securely, and do not use your information in any way other than to perform the required service.
Cookies are small data files that are sent from our website to your device which we can then access when you visit our website again in the future. There are different types of cookies that perform different functions. These include, but are not limited to: Functional - let customers use the website functions like adding products to their bag; Analytic - help us analyse and measure how customers are using the website to better improve the customer experience; Preference - remember customers' personal preferences (currency, location, etc) to make shopping as quick and easy as possible; and Retargeting - help us to deliver our customers advertisements that are relevant to their shopping habits.
If required by the GDPR or other applicable privacy laws, we will ask your consent when placing cookies on your device. In all other cases, by using no-ordinary.com you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and then accessing them when you return to our website. You are not required to give your consent, and you can also turn cookies off at any time, however in doing so you will restrict the access you might otherwise have to some of the features available on our website.
Under the Privacy Act and the GDPR, you have the right to access your personal information stored by us at any time. By contacting email@example.com we can provide you with your personal information we hold on file, and you may also request, at any time, for this information to be removed from our systems.